Ingredients for the salad dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp red vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
Ingredients for the salad:
2 -3 types of leafy lettuce or dark salad greens
4 firm tomatoes (cut into narrow wedges)
1 cucumber (cut into thin slices)
1 small green pepper (cut into small rings)
1 small red pepper (cut into small rings)
4 green onions (chopped finely)
1/3 cup parsley (finely chopped)
10-12 peperoncini peppers
16-24 Kalamata olives
8-10 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
10-15 oz meat strips from cooked and chilled bison steak
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a shaker bottle, shake to combine, set aside.
- Line 3 or 4 dinner plates with lettuces or salad greens
- Arrange the tomato wedges, cucumber slices, red and green pepper rings over the lettuces/salad greens.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions and parsley over the top of each plate.
- Evenly space peperoncini peppers and Kalamata olives around each plate.
- Put about 2 ounces of crumbled feta in the center of each plate.
- As shown in the photograph, circle the crumbled feta with bison steak or roast slices.
- Give the dressing a good shake and drizzle some over each salad. Top with some freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.